Hash is very similar to weed except about 5x as potent. Essentially, when you smoke weed, you are doing just that - smoking the plant. Hash has been mixed and mashed with chemicals to extract the raw THC (the stuff that makes you feel high) from the weed. Hash will often look nothing like weed, but the highs are very similar, one is just more condensed.
Step by Step Guide
Follow these instructions exactly and you will have extremely potent hash in no time.
- Get a grinder with a chamber. This is essential, because if you break up weed with your hands all the time you will lose the stuff you use to make hash on the surface you are breaking over. With a grinder with a chamber, you are able to accumulate what you need to make hash and grind up weed for it to be smokable at the same time.
- Grind up at least 4 grams in your grinder. Assuming your weed is decent, you should now have a fair amount of powder at the bottom. For simplicity, we'll call this hash powder.
- Now that we have our hash powder, we are ready to really start learning how to make hash. Get a clear surface to work on in the kitchen as making hash takes a bit of time.
- Get some high percentage alcohol or vodka if you can't find any. Put a few drops of alcohol onto the powder and wait for it to dry. This is going to make it stick together nicely so it can be stored, it won't blow away, and it's easier to smoke overall. If you're dead broke but can somehow afford weed, place the hash powder in tinfoil and walk around with it in your shoe for a couple hours.
- If you have larger amounts of hash powder and are trying to learn how to make hash, you will want to research mechanical pressers. This can handle larger amounts of hash, and if you do it correctly, pressing hash mechanically comes out much better than any other method known.
- Let your hash dry out if you used the alcohol method to press it. Smoking alcohol is extremely bad for you. Even inhaling alcohol fumes are bad from you, so don't think about putting the rest of the vodka in your bong. Actually, you know what, go right ahead and do that, see what your throat says when you take your first hit.
- You're done. Congrats, you've learned how to make hash the easy way. If you're a grower and need to make it in bulk, go somewhere else to learn.
Things To Keep In Mind
Don't be a mooch - if your friends like your hash and want to learn how to make hash, link them to this site! Also check out our tutorial on how to make weed brownies (link at the top of the page).
Why's it called Hash?
It's not really - it's called hashish. It originated in West Asia. Over there, cannabis was widely available when it was grown outdoor. As you might know, quality of outdoor cannabis unless maintained is pretty bad. Instead of smoking straight marijuana for their high and getting a headache/bad side effects, they learned how to make hash to get raw THC. This got them higher with less side effects. Since there was so much cannabis, they weren't worried about conserving it as much as say people in the USA in 2011 are. There's your history lesson of the day on how to make hash.
I only have a few grams... should learn how to I make hash?
I'd say no. A few grams won't get you that much THC, and your marijuana will be rendered useless.
However, if you have more, or you can only smoke once, go ahead. You will need to smoke less to get just as high. In addition to this, if you are good at making edibles such as cookies or brownies, you can use your left over weed (after how to make hash) to make some. They won't be very potent, but it's better than nothing, and they will taste good.